When should a data acquisition (DAQ) system be used instead of a PC-based system?
There are several situations where using a data acquisition (DAQ) system for your applications is preferable to using a PC-based system:
- When the conditions are too extreme for you to use a PC
- When you need multiple measurement modules to run synchronously
- When you need advanced measurement manipulation, on-board data processing, control functions, automated alarm systems, or other features
- When you need advanced communications such as Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or radios
- When you need to manage large data sets or schedule long-term data collection